Please schedule your booster shot. Public health is still strongly recommending that people get vaccinated and get their booster shots. Vaccines against Covid-19 are very effective in preventing people from getting very sick should they catch Covid-19. You can contact the Health Department or Public Health in order to schedule your booster shot.
In response to this new phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Fox Lake Coordinated Response Team has been reviewing the pandemic measures that were put in place for the protection of our people and our communities.
- Masks are recommended in Fox Lake offices and businesses.
- Staff who get Covid-19 are required to stay home and self-isolate for a minimum of 5 days or until they test negative on a rapid test.
- It is strongly recommended that anyone who travels outside the community for more than 24 hours take a rapid test before coming home. If you test positive, please contact the Health Department for advice and support.
There are still some strong recommendations that you can follow to protect yourself, your family, and our community. This includes:
- Wearing a mask, especially in crowded public places and when physical distancing is not possible
- Getting tested when you have symptoms. Rapid tests are available at no cost from both the Fox Lake and Gillam offices, as well as at many local businesses.
- Stay home and self-isolate when you are sick or if you think you may have been exposed to Covid-19.
- When travelling, take a rapid test before you return home
If you catch Covid-19 there are therapeutic treatments available that can help prevent you from getting very sick. There are eligibility criteria to make sure these treatments are right for you and screening forms are available through the Health Department. Early intervention is important. These treatments can only be started if you seek them right away once you have symptoms and test positive for Covid-10.
For more information regarding Covid-19, please visit: